Monday, July 09, 2012

Day #9: Opinionated

Eek!  I'm a hot mess.  It's almost 11:00, just got home from rehearsal, not exaggerating about the "hot mess" part because I'm sweaty and disheveled from two hours of dancing.  Tonight's routine is called "Aggressive Ladies."  I wonder why I got cast in that one.  Hmmm.  Someone trying to tell me something?

Also I can't find my NaBloPoMo topics.  You're like, what?  Isn't it on your computer somewhere?  Or on their website?  Well, sure, and probably.  Can't find it anyway.

And my car sounds like R2D2.  That's what Liz said when I was leaving.  I just had it serviced but it's making this sighing squeal when I accelerate.  Back to the fix-it shop in the morning.  Great.

So, guess what?  I was wrong about the Pirates.  They did not sweep San Diego.  Far from it.  In fact, it seemed like some sort of conspiracy, they won so little.  They were surprised.  The audience was surprised.  Even the people who won were surprised.  It's the first year that I remember so much behind-the-scenes scandale with the 48.  David and I had a fun night at the Best Of anyway, because we had VIP reserved seats, and because it was like the Oscars, with nominees and the Voice of Disneyland announcing them.  Pretty awesome.

David wants me to tell you a funny Jarrah story from yesterday.  When I lived in University Heights, we frequented a tiny hole-in-the-wall place called El Zarape for the most amazing potato burritos.  Now they've expanded into a swanky location with table service and tequila.  We had seen it driving by and decided to give it a shot.  We walked in and I was taking in the bright tile and cheery decor but I guess something else caught Jarrah's eye before we were even seated:  the wall of Virgin Mary statuettes and crucifixes.  The waitress was seating us when Jarrah announced in a very loud, slightly officious voice:

"This place isn't very Jewish."

David and I snorted back our laughter as the waitress smiled in a sort of unspecific way and offered us menus without comment.  I felt like we should say something, but I wasn't sure what.

I guess she kinda said it all.  I mean, it wasn't like she was wrong.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! That Jarrah comment is so funny! Oh, I wish I could have been there to hear it.

You also had me laughing with the "My car sounds like R2D2" part.

Thank you for giving me a great laugh this morning. ;-)