Monday, January 10, 2011

Six? Or Two?

Sam: Why are you still naked? Put your pajamas on and get into bed. I'm sick of this. Give me that belt buckle.

Jarrah: NONE OF MY ANIMALS LIKE IT IN HERE! THEY ONLY LIKE IT IN YOUR ROOM! (sob) (wail) (hurling pillow pets across room)

Sam: They're not going in our room.

Jarrah: I AM MOVING THEM TO YOUR ROOM! (sob) (wail)

Sam: I'm moving them to the garbage in a minute.

Jarrah: WHY DON'T YOU SEE THAT THEY NEED TO BE IN YOUR ROOM? (sob) (wail)

Sam: Alright, stop yelling in my ear. Lay down. Good night.

Jarrah: YOUR ROOM IS PEACEFUL! MINE IS NOT PEACEFUL!

Sam: I'll say.

Jarrah: I THOUGHT WE COULD PLAY APPLES TO APPLES IN BED! YOU SAID WE COULD PLAY APPLES TO APPLES IN BED!

Sam: Good night.

Jarrah: (sob) (wail) (thump) (thump) (silence)

7 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I totally would have given into her. I would have ended up sleeping on the floor so her animals could have room to stretch out.

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Hahaha! Don't you like Apples to Apples? Kidding! She's 6, but they often act like 2 year olds. Come to think of it so do some 30 year olds I know.

Samantha said...

@Jennifer: Seriously! :) I love Apples to Apples; I just don't want to play with someone who's acting like that. ;)

Stephanie said...

You are so Zen, no wonder your room is peaceful. I, on the other hand, stupidly engage way too much of the time.

Mary said...

Joy invaded our room this morning to set up a "shop" of various things. No calm room in our home today.

xoxox

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hahahaha. Oh dear.

Almost every night, I go in to check on Ming Wai, and she's sitting up in bed, lights on, buried in books and toys. "Mom...I just can't sleep!" "That's because you're sitting up with the lights on, covered in books." *moving books, turning out lights, pushing her back against her pillow* "Good night, Ming Wai."

And she passes out. *sigh*

Laural Out Loud said...

This happens every single night in our house. Only I threaten to send all of her things to Goodwill and move her room to the closet under the stairs (in an attempt to get her to appreciate the lovely room she has). Nothing works, and then I feel guilty for not meeting her obvious need to be close to us and give in. Sigh.