Tuesday, December 06, 2005

EEK!

This just in:

12/6/05
We have learned that the CCAA has mailed matches. CCAI hopes to receive these matches within 2 to 4 business days. At this time, we cannot verify how many families have been matched for the month of April LIDs. We will update this site as soon as more information becomes available.

The April families who receive their matches this month will be on an 8 month timeline. The remaining April families who will be matched in January will be 9 months from LID.

For the foreseeable future, it appears that the referral timeline might be in the range of 9 ˆ 10 months from LID (log in date) to child match. We will keep our CCAI families posted as soon as we are able to confirm any timelines changes or receive official notice from the CCAA (www.china-ccaa.org).

Wow! For those of you who have never understood a word I've said about LIDs and DTCs and the crucial difference between CCAI and CCAA, here's all you need to know right now:

Our LID is April 12.

That would be the April 12 that's in the FIRST HALF of the month of April. The half that may already be matched with information about our daughter chugging towards Denver (and CCAI) as I write!

Okay, that is exciting, and now I'm even more freaked out. Because that means that (gulp) there's a picture of Jarrah in that package. And we might see that picture by the end of this week!

I realize I'm a bit incoherent here. I'm trembling. I think I need some retail therapy. More later.

Much more later.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting chills on your behalf. Can't wait to see Jarrah's face.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam

It is Cheryl Rourke here...from Kingtree Lodge Wellington Mills, Western Australia. I guess I am your aunt-in-law by marriage.... (sounds like an insect disease does it not ?).

I must admit I have been a long time lurker here. I am thrilled with your news re Jarrah and your new role as an expectant mother in the blush of waiting. I can tell you are glowing.

Your journal is so much fun, so well written and so delightful I do hope it all becomes a novel someday.

Say hello to David from us and pass on our congratulations with the happy news.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh...the moment we have all been waiting for... I can't imagine the anticipation that you must now be having when you see your mail carrier sauntering leisurely down the street (unknowingly holding such an amazing document in his/her hands...) This is soooo exciting. Hope to see you tomorrow morning to hear more.
WOW!!!
:)
Amy

Anonymous said...

ACK! I can't believe that the package is finally in the mail! I know I say it all the time, but I can not wait to see her beautiful little face. I can't even imagine how you are feeling :) Congrats!
-Kim (kands)