Monday, September 05, 2011

Sublime Intervention

A few readers have reminded me that I've been remiss in not posting a link to this summer's 48 Hour Film Project movie, so here it is! For those who aren't already sick of hearing it, our film won the Audience Choice Award at our premiere, and went on to win Best Sound Design and Runner-Up Best Film of 2011 at the Best of San Diego screening. We had so much fun this year, and I'm really proud of our little film, which will next be seen at the Temecula Valley Film Festival this month.

If you're not wise to the ways of this competition, it kicks off on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and concludes Sunday at 7:00 p.m. All writing, shooting and editing must take place within the 48 Hours. The genre we drew this year: Romance.

Each city has three elements that must appear in every film. This year, San Diego had its biggest crop yet--64 teams completed films, 48 of them eligible for prizes for finishing on-time. The elements:

Character: Lance or Lora Altman, Athlete
Prop: a ticket
Line of Dialogue: "Please keep it to yourself."

Hope you enjoy it!



Movie:

Sublime Intervention from David Newman on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE it! Such a tidy, perfect little package!

Logical Libby said...

I really wish I had some marshmallows right now...

Samantha said...

LOL, Libby! That is one of my favorite lines. And I want you to know that I've perused the Cane Toad offerings from the past eight years, and every single time I have a joke (or two or three) about food. ;)

Stephanie said...

Just watched the alternative scenes, gives a whole new perspective on the editing talents involved. Also, loved the virtual lasagne bit...too bad it didn't fit in the final cut.