Thursday, March 15, 2012

One-Hit Wonder

Jarrah has been doing a lot of writing these days. She opened a restaurant in our living room which necessitated a sign on our bedroom door: "Employees Only."

I am feeling a bit narcoleptic, as I am wont to do for a full week following the time change. Seriously, I feel like the alarm goes off in the middle of the night. I fall asleep spontaneously whenever I sit down somewhere. I had done exactly that on the couch the other afternoon and was blinking myself conscious again when Jarrah appeared in the doorway, brandishing a piece of yellow construction paper.

"I wrote you a song."

"That's nice," I croaked. "Can I hear it?"

I could. Here's an exact transcript:

I Love You

I love you
I love you
I love you every time
Your my best firend oo be my forever
I will never stop loveing you
you are always going to be mine
I love you mom!
Please don't be mad at me I love you!
I will even love you when I'm a grown-up!
I will stay with you!
Forever and ever
hug me and kiss me over and over agen
until I kiss you back!
oo baby your all mine!

"That..." I said with a weird smile, "is quite a song."

"You like it?"

"I love it."

"Okay, can you put some choreography to it?"

"Okay."

"Oh, and Mom? I actually took some of the ideas from Justin Bieber."

"That makes sense. All the great ones steal their stuff from the masters."

2 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, that's totally precious!!!

Logical Libby said...

I really thought she was going to finish it up with a reason you should be really mad at her -- hence the song...