Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 26: Strange Things I've Done In The Past 24 Hours



1. Portrayed Moses's mother in the Passover pageant at Jarrah's school. Opened my mouth to make my big speech and marveled, "Wow, this is a really awesome theater. Great acoustics. Nice. Can I stretch this thing out?" Got really sad when Robyn, playing my daughter, cut me off when I still had three more lines (Love you, Robyn!)

2. Danced as a slave girl and rocked the tambourine. Pretended that my voluminous caftan and hot-pink feather boa weren't sliding to the floor as I shimmied. Later, Jarrah told me it was sooooo funny when my costume fell off. The reason it wouldn't stay on is that it had no neck hole, so one of the other slave girls had tied it on with a sash that was too slippery to stay.



3. Cursed and fumed as I attempted to peel a dozen hard-boiled eggs I'd been instructed to deliver to the school by 9 a.m. today. Ruined several and barely refrained from smashing the lot against the wall.

4. Boiled a dozen eggs, like, in the middle of the night last night because I'd forgotten to do it earlier.

5. Heard myself say "Which part of your body would you like to be funkier today?" while teaching my Nia class this afternoon.

6. Mindlessly ate a bunch of matzah at the school seder, all the while thinking "I'm going hate this stuff like poison by the middle of next week, and today it's an exotic snack?"

2 comments:

DrSpouse said...

I think I missed the bit where it says Moses' mother has a pink boa. But you do look FABulous.

The Wades said...

Excellent indeed. What an involved preschool you have. That would be absolute torture for me.

I would say that you really worked that dance scene. I felt you, dog. (Said Randy Jackson style.)

I've heard that eyes need to be older to peel properly. (Or is it fresher?) It is nice to know there is a reason they sometimes are such torture.